Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Long time no Blog

Life gets hectic for me at this time every year. I have 2 kids that I get ready for back to school( even college kids need new jeans and backpacks) as well as I go back to work after a well-deserved break for the summer. I think it takes me longer to get adjusted to the early wake up than it does for my students! My husband sometimes has a brain fart and will say the dumbest things. For example, he thought it would be a good idea to practice getting up early the week before school started. Let me think about it for a while... ummmmm NO! He's a really smart guy, but he missed the boat on that one!
It has really been too hot to go back to school this early! Have you ever walked down a crowded hall after noon recess with 90 hot, sweaty, kids? There is nothing like the smell! ( I like it when you are talking to them and they actually sling sweat on you!) Dodge ball quickly turns to slaughter ball as they get ho and grouchy.
I probably would not have sat down to blog since this is our"Meet the Teacher" night at school and I have to go back to work later, but I have been nagged by someone who shall remain nameless (Perri) and I certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone (Perri) by ignoring my site! I will try to update my blog on a routine basis in order to keep (Perri's) hateful messages from haunting me. Again, I think it is important not to mention any specific names(Perri) in regard to this portion of my blog.
My book sales are going pretty well. Remember, Baxter would make a great gift for some young reader! ( That was my ciommercial!) The Boonville Standard came to school and did an interview about my book and took my picture. I don't think I broke the camera, but she took several pictures...hopefully there will be one where the chins don't take over the picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

show me one hateful comment and I'll take it back. Go ahead. Look. You won't find any.

Anonymous said...

Musicals on Television Presented Sept. 22-25 at Museum of Television & Radio
A sampling of musicals from the New York branch of the Museum of Television & Radio's permanent collection will be available for viewing Sept.
Interesting Stuff! Will visit again.

If you are into computer chess, you might want to visit my computer chess site.

Thanks for looking. ;)

Anonymous said...

Popgadget press - Forbes, Fast Company, Time
Thanks to our devoted, smart readers who keep getting the word out, we've had some great press this summer.
Cool blog here! But I've got a question for you...

Have you thought about moving? ... If not then I
would invite you to have look at the relocating to site. It pretty much covers relocating to related stuff. Hope you find this useful.

Come and check it out if you get time :)

Perri said...

HA ! You've been spammed! Probably cause you called me hateful and nobody but my mother does that.