Sunday, September 16, 2007

The ISTEP is coming...the ISTEP is coming!

It's another Sunday night and I eagerly?? anticipate the coming work week. Don't get me wrong...I like my job. I love the interaction with students and my fellow co-workers. I just wish that I could do it when I wanted to. I guess that would be considered independently wealthy! I have been dreading this coming week because ISTEP testing starts. Grumble...grumble. It's bad enough to subject our kids to the stress of the test-taking, but the fact that special-ed students( whom I work with) are tested on their grade level instead of their functioning level just makes me crazy! I'd like to see the "great minds" that come up with the hoops that we must jump through come and give these students the tests. They have set this group of students up to fail, then wonder why our schools don't pass their rigid standards when the special -ed departments don't pass. I'll say a silent word of prayer (although that's probably not politically correct anymore) for the kids and educators. It's going to be a long week!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Awwww...that's sad! And here I was going on and on about my kids needing a good breakfast and good sleep when there are others who have huge obstacles to overcome! I will pray, too!

MEAGAN said...

At least you get yummy ISTEP snacks that we wrestled with. The wrestling part just makes them yummier!